Mirrored / unified display output with i4000 under Deb Jessie KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrored / unified display output with i4000 under Deb Jessie KDE

Up until recently I've stuck with mainly running Ubuntu 12.04.4 (KXStudio) amd64. Under 12.04, I can only get a mirrored/unified HDMI/laptop display output under KDE 4.12.3.

I've now installed Deb Jessie too which has a newer xorg (1.15) but a slightly older KDE (4.11). I appreciate that now I have two separate displays under the KDE display management tool but I can't see any way to unify / mirror the two displays if thats what I wanted.

Am I missing something or is this a bug within Debian, KDE or xorg?

NB Looks like its too late to edit the subject but I actually have i4600 gfx not i4000

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
    Last edited by danboid; 10 April 2014, 02:15 PM.

overlay the displays in kscreen = mirror mode

Mirrored outputs does work from Deb Jessie KDE - just drag one display directly over the other.

Obvious when you know how if not akin to how this is normally achieved under that platform most are familiar with hence not totally obvious to everyone. Its not even how it worked in KDE a couple of minor versions ago.

Comment

In case this doesn't work you can rely on the good ol' console!

For example one of these (where HDMI-0 and DVI-0 are the names of the output):
      Code:
      xrandr --output HDMI-0 --left-of DVI-0
      xrandr --output HDMI-0 --right-of DVI-0
      xrandr --output HDMI-0 --above DVI-0
      xrandr --output HDMI-0 --below DVI-0
      xrandr --output HDMI-0 --same-as DVI-0
      For clone mode it would be --same-as and you get the names for the outputs with:
      Code:
      xrandr -q

Comment

Working...
      X