upgrading ubuntu 13.10 to 14.04?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading ubuntu 13.10 to 14.04?

with ubuntu 14.04 coming out soon i started thinking about upgrading and what i need to prepare, i am currently using xubuntu 13.10 but i have a lot of custom packages and stuff that i dont want to loose or simply dont really want to recompile all of them

so when i am going to upgrade is this going to be simple enough? and what about all the third party ppa's?

sorry if my english is bad

upgrading ubuntu 13.10 to 14.04?

I am using Ubuntu 13.10, I tried the 14.04 beta early release. Up graded to it. But at one point when it was updated, I had to do a restart and when it came back up, I was locked out of everything. Couldn't access the internet or files and it didn't recognize my admin user Id or password to unlock it. I had to use to DVD to run 13.10 off to access the internet and look for a solution, but couldn't find any. So I had to reinstall 13.10 and then everything was fine. It was a good thing I keep a DVD with the latest stable version on just incase there is a problem with the upgrade. I also make sure I backup my files regularly on an external HD so I don't lose anything.

Charles

<with ubuntu 14.04 coming out soon i started thinking about upgrading and what i need to prepare, i am currently using xubuntu 13.10 but i have a lot of custom packages and stuff that i dont want to loose or simply dont really want to recompile all of them

so when i am going to upgrade is this going to be simple enough? and what about all the third party ppa's?

sorry if my english is bad >

Comment

Working...
    X