• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    I ordered mine from newegg.
    I ordered a v2.
    They sent me a v1.
    I RMA'd it, specifically complaining about it being the wrong hardware version.
    They sent me another v1.... after waiting 2 WEEKS and several screw ups regarding the advanced-RMA process.
    I sent an email to TP-Link describing the problem with newegg, asking for advice on how to obtain a v2.
    They replied with an RMA# and said just send them the v1 and they'll send out a v2, just that the v2's were out of stock, expected by the end of the week.
    Noticing that their address is only a few minutes from where I live, I asked them if I could just do the exchange in person, they said no problem! We will email you when the new stock arrives and you can come by!

#1: Newegg screwed up. TP-Link was NOT obligated to deal with this.
    #2: They're willing to hand-swap without messing around with shipping.
    #3: Its practically immediate, no messing around with the internal 7-10 business days to process nonsense. Bad luck that they didn't have any on hand at TP-Link, but not a big deal.

These chinese companies are VERY VERY eager to prove themselves. Total pleasure to deal with them.
    Microcenter to the rescue for stuff like this (they seem to have a bunch in stock). Thankfully I live within a few miles of one, we pass by it a couple of times a week. I'm still fine with my asus rtn16 although I'm considering dropping my desktop from gigabit to wireless (that would massively simplify the wiring at work). I'm not sure the rtn16 supports wireless-n sufficiently though...

Comment

Yeah yeah, you're all going to say something stupid like "chinese junk".
      That's not Chinese junk.

This is Chinese Junk

Comment

... can't see a reason why you would need x86 for the ability to "install whatever you want".
        Pfsense is not available on other platforms except x86. I'm looking forward to a cheap low-power atom board or the porting of pf to ARM.

Comment

If you can handle configuring it, this might be a better option. http://routerboard.com/RB951G-2HnD

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
            Pfsense is not available on other platforms except x86. I'm looking forward to a cheap low-power atom board or the porting of pf to ARM.
            pfsense appears to be a bsd-based competitor to the likes of openwrt/ddwrt?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
              If you can handle configuring it, this might be a better option. http://routerboard.com/RB951G-2HnD
              That looks ancient....
              And I don't mean its physical style.

Comment

That's not Chinese junk.

This is Chinese Junk
                <picture removed to save space>
                LOL

10chars

Comment

Originally posted by bnolsen View Post
                  Microcenter to the rescue for stuff like this (they seem to have a bunch in stock). Thankfully I live within a few miles of one, we pass by it a couple of times a week. I'm still fine with my asus rtn16 although I'm considering dropping my desktop from gigabit to wireless (that would massively simplify the wiring at work). I'm not sure the rtn16 supports wireless-n sufficiently though...
                  Nearest one is 250 miles from here, and on the other side of the border.

Much rather drive 10 minutes to the manufacturer's office/warehouse.

Comment

I'd like to point people to another option, its specifications aren't quite as impressive, but still *really* good, and a price that is at least affordable....

TP-Link Archer C7 v2
                    (snip)
                    TPLink are awesome. I own two routers and three dongles from them. Called them to especially thank for OpenWRT support.

Comment

That's not Chinese junk.

This is Chinese Junk
                      Bastard😅

Comment

Working...
                      X