Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Overclock New NVIDIA GPUs On Linux

Phoronix: How To Overclock New NVIDIA GPUs On Linux

With this morning's release of the NVIDIA 337.12 Beta Linux driver there is finally GPU overclocking support for the NVIDIA "Fermi" GPUs and newer, a.k.a. the GeForce 400 series and newer. This long-awaited overclocking support, however, isn't setup the same as when overclocking older GeForce GPUs with the NVIDIA Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would appreciate helpful advice on overclocking the GPU

I have an Asus 660-Ti OC video card. I bought it for it's overclocking abilities, but I have to confess I'm a little green on this.
    I would like to push the card to the max for running with X-Plane but uncertain how to do this with these settings.
    I have installed the new driver and set coolbits to 8 as described but not sure what to do next.
    If some advice could be provided on ideal or recommended settings that would be great.

Comment

Maybe these will give you some idea:

Nvidia's Kepler architecture is finally manifest in a $300 graphics card, which the company says beats AMD's Radeon HD 7870 and challenges its more expensive 7950. Can this GK104-based mainstream card carve out a spot between the GCN-based competition?

Comment

Originally posted by markrich View Post
        I have an Asus 660-Ti OC video card. I bought it for it's overclocking abilities, but I have to confess I'm a little green on this.
        I would like to push the card to the max for running with X-Plane but uncertain how to do this with these settings.
        I have installed the new driver and set coolbits to 8 as described but not sure what to do next.
        If some advice could be provided on ideal or recommended settings that would be great.
        Have the checked the article above? http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTY1OTM

Comment

Missing check box for enabling OC values

Running Xubuntu 14.04 with an EVGA GTX 760 SuperClocked Edition and I just installed Nvidia Driver 337.25, added the Coolbits 8 to my xorg.conf and when I restart my machine I now see the boxes for Editable Performance Levels and I entered 100 for Core Offset and 400 for Memory Transfer rate but I don't see the little checkbox for enabling the Editable Performance Levels like in his picture. Here's a picture of what my nvidia-settings looks like.

What do I have to do to get that little checkbox so that my card uses those OC numbers?

Comment

Working...
          X