Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

Default The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

Phoronix: The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, while first released for Windows gamers in 2011, might see its release in the very near future for Linux gamers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYzNjk

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, while first released for Windows gamers in 2011, might see its release in the very near future for Linux gamers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYzNjk
    a dream made true... and with ue4, the future seems very pretty for gaming on linux!! can't wait to ditch windows completely

I'm going to guess that it will be released when GOG start selling Linux games. Probably with a nice sale

The game's market is really driven on the latest buzz, so if a game has already been released for more than a few months, don't expect to sell it on your shop sales shelf or online, unless it's highly discounted or so good that people seek it out and that usually this happens with specialities like RPG's and cult based titles.

Woohoo, a nice reason to play the arc I missed in the first playthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Spittie View Post
    I'm going to guess that it will be released when GOG start selling Linux games. Probably with a nice sale
    That would make sense. If this is true, then there are good chances for Witcher 3 on Linux, too.

Wiedźmin 2 [Polish name] will be on Linux ?!? nice

The Witcher 2 is my favourite game. I can't describe how much I'm happy to read this news

Default YES!

This is fantastic news! Maybe now I can finally beat the game. I'm still less than half way through (as far as I can tell). I don't mind playing for a bit here and there, but when I have to reboot my entire machine, lose all my terminals that I'm doing work in, etc, it rarely makes sense for me to do so. I'm sure a lot of people here at Phoronix can relate.

I bought the non-DRM version from gog.com, but I'm more than happy to pay for it again on Steam to get Linux support (and to support games of this caliber coming to linux). I'll even buy 1 or 2 copies for linux-using friends.

Now the question is how long is it going to take them to release the original on linux