No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Releases 337 Linux Driver With Overclocking, Better EGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finish uploading assassins creed brotherhood multiplayer online video with nvidia 337.12 drivers and this is progression with lastest wine (1.7.15 - 1.7.16) and nvidia drivers 334.21 and 337.12

Wine 1.7.15 + 334.21

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Wine 1.7.16 + 334.21

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Y el Wine 1.7.16 + Nvidia 337.12

Comment

I found a PPA: https://launchpad.net/~joe-yasi/+archive/xorg-related

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
        I finish uploading assassins creed brotherhood multiplayer online video with nvidia 337.12 drivers and this is progression with lastest wine (1.7.15 - 1.7.16) and nvidia drivers 334.21 and 337.12

Hi I had a quick look on your videos, but it's not clear the number of fps you get with different setups.
        Where should I look? Sorry for being dumb

Comment

Originally posted by vitorgatti View Post
          Any PPA available for lazy Ubuntu users, like me? :P

The real problem is, my laptop uses NVIDIA Optimus (730M) and I really don't know how to install this new driver alongside Bumblebee and its complex kernel modules...

My current driver is 331.20, very old

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
          Xorg edgers should get it in couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by sonnet View Post
            Hi I had a quick look on your videos, but it's not clear the number of fps you get with different setups.
            Where should I look? Sorry for being dumb
            this for show a minimal idea for performance, mostly times i play at 30fps average but many games on my channel runs with more fps but when uploading to youtube video not see correctly, this situation occurs with for example bloodrayne 2

On video not appears correctly, this game runs smoothly but when is captured not appears correctly but gives an idea, for another titles, may stay about average 30fps and dont appear major issues on videos

On assassins creed brotherhood multiplayer, this game in this mode (especially online) on before wine versions and nvidia drivers dont run good, and performance loss are big but now after many wine versions and drivers this title is usable however compared to windows performance always appears considerably loss (i said for my tests, loss performance compared to windows is around 50%)

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              Work for me aswell on Arch Linux with 3.14.

I updated the PKGBUILDs for nvidia-beta and nvidia-beta-utils from the AUR myself. Just get rid of the patch part in the prepare() and delete its checksum.
              Not that it matters, really, since nvidia-beta has been updated. But it appears your method of updating seems to have ignored the new nvidia-uvm.ko that should be installed with nvidia.ko [which bumping the pkgver wouldn't have done]. It's bad practice to just bump the beta drivers like that, without actually checking to see what nvidia has changed around and adjusting your PKGBUILD to match.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc
                /snip
                Thanks for the videos but I do agree we need data to properly assess performance. If you don't have the software to setup an FPS overlay, you should at least set WINEDEBUG=-all,+fps and make sure the terminal window is visible. Youtube videos without this information don't really tell us anything regarding playability. In addition, I seem to remember you saying you were getting poorer performance with CSMT. That may well be due to the low end GPU but do make sure that CSMT is correctly enabled in the registry and that strict draw ordering is disabled. I only mention this because I've seen performance gains with CSMT even on low end hardware, so I'm wondering if there was a mistake in your Wine configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                  Thanks for the videos but I do agree we need data to properly assess performance. If you don't have the software to setup an FPS overlay, you should at least set WINEDEBUG=-all,+fps and make sure the terminal window is visible. Youtube videos without this information don't really tell us anything regarding playability. In addition, I seem to remember you saying you were getting poorer performance with CSMT. That may well be due to the low end GPU but do make sure that CSMT is correctly enabled in the registry and that strict draw ordering is disabled. I only mention this because I've seen performance gains with CSMT even on low end hardware, so I'm wondering if there was a mistake in your Wine configuration.
                  On videos you can see average performance, as commented later mostly games stay around 30fps (another more)

Other user suggest WINEDEBUG=-all (this command give more performance) but second commmand impact seriously fps because screencasting consume 25% to 30% of my cpu power (with quad core cpu maybe had minor impact but objective is show results on dual core cpu)

Respect CSMT have this registers entry as you said, i tested stefan dosinger git but CSMT give on my case different results (on once more performance , in others equal and anothers worst) but on compatibility terms (on my case this is very important because i use 1 prefix for all games) i have better results with vanilla version

Normally i use vanilla version (normally dont use patched version) and step by step stay more closer to CSMT complete on wine, only remains wait

But if you suggest fps calculator without loss actual fps performance (on my system) maybe can consider your suggestion

Last edited by pinguinpc; 09 April 2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X