Thread: Weston Gains Support For Using The New XWayland DDX

Default Weston Gains Support For Using The New XWayland DDX

Phoronix: Weston Gains Support For Using The New XWayland DDX

Wayland's reference compositor Weston now has support for using the new XWayland DDX support that was merged into the X.Org Server...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY1NzY

If this is true, does that mean that soon I'll be able to use wayland/weston and run all my x-only programs with XWayland?

Quote Originally Posted by porken View Post
    If this is true, does that mean that soon I'll be able to use wayland/weston and run all my x-only programs with XWayland?
    Yes but you'd need the development version of X11, since weston with these improvements will be released before the X11 1.16 with XWayland support.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Yes but you'd need the development version of X11, since weston with these improvements will be released before the X11 1.16 with XWayland support.
    Do you know when X11 1.16 will be released then? Or at least, when they're planning to release it?

Quote Originally Posted by porken View Post
    Do you know when X11 1.16 will be released then? Or at least, when they're planning to release it?
    July. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTY1NDU

Wayland and Weston 1.5 will be released this month.

Going the GLAMOR route might lead to non-optimal hardware utilization on embedded platforms, where designated 2D acceleration hardware sometimes exists in addition to the GPU.

Will it be possible to employ alternative ddx modules (other than glamor) with XWayland? Or is XWayland glamor-only now..