Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nouveau Picks Up Slightly Better OpenGL 4.0 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ancurio View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think there's any demand for tessellation shaders / subroutines atm., so I think nobody will work on these massive features any time soon. Which is unfortunate, because I'd totally like to try out shader subroutines. =/ I wonder if they can be implemented on GL3 hardware..
    Tessellation shaders is part of Google Summer of Code hopefully something will come of it: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/p...76830073815040

There has been some dicussion around subroutines in this thread recently: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt..._shading/page2

Quote Originally Posted by tarceri View Post
    Tessellation shaders is part of Google Summer of Code hopefully something will come of it: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/p...76830073815040

There has been some dicussion around subroutines in this thread recently: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt..._shading/page2
    Thanks for the GSoC link, hopefully someone will pick that up.

And I see you linked back to the thread that I linked from to here

By the way, how's arrays_of_arrays going? Last I read you were having some troubles with the llvm side.

By the way, how's arrays_of_arrays going? Last I read you were having some troubles with the llvm side.
    Slowly. I took a break as I was feeling a bit burnt out working on this. I recently fixed up some lingering issues with the KHR_debug work I did, and finally got the last piglit test I wrote for that extension reviewed and pushed to the repo. There are a couple of places to start back on work with arrays_of_arrays one is making sure the frontend of the glsl compiler works correctly with geometry shaders as I currently have no piglit tests for this. The second is getting the linking stage working (this is where I was having trouble when I decided to take a break).
    I hope to start working on this again soon, the difficult part is getting my head around how the code works as I'm usually working on this in short 1 hour bursts by the time I get my head around things the hour is up and I need to figure it all out again the next time I get a chance to work on it. Anyway hopefully I can make some progress on this soon.

By the way, how's arrays_of_arrays going?
    Ok, so your question gave me some motivation to get back into it and I've started to make some progress once again. I've posted a couple of small patches to the Mesa list as well as a patch to the piglit list to support more tests. I feel like I've got a better understanding of where I'm headed this time around so hopefully I will keep making good progress.

Quote Originally Posted by tarceri View Post
    Ok, so your question gave me some motivation to get back into it and I've started to make some progress once again. I've posted a couple of small patches to the Mesa list as well as a patch to the piglit list to support more tests. I feel like I've got a better understanding of where I'm headed this time around so hopefully I will keep making good progress.
    Hey, that's awesome to hear! I want to state that my post wasn't meant to sound demanding, I was just honestly curious. Work on it as your time and motivation permits. Your work is very appreciated in the community!