SuiteSparse Dependency on Gentoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuiteSparse Dependency on Gentoo

For some reason phoronix-test-suite. Seems to think that the SuiteSparse Dependency is not installed on my Gentoo system. Even though I have sci-libs/suitesparse-4.0.2 emerged already. I'm currently using PTS 5.0.1, but have also tried 4.83 and 4.86. With the same results. Have even tried wiping my .phoronix-test-suite directory.

Any other info that might be needed let me know.

Paul.

Where is SuiteSparse installed to on your system?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It looks like sci-libs/suitesparse is a meta ebuild. And so there are no files that are installed with that ebuild. But it does pull in other ebuilds when emerged.

Is there a specific file or files that PTS is looking for? It might be that I don't have a certain use flag enabled and so a necessary ebuild is not being emerged.

Comment

The external dependency is looking for suitesparse/cs.h and libcsparse.so, as two common suitesparce files.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Doing a search at www.portagefilelist.de for libcsparse.so. Results in sci-libs/csparse as being the ebuild that contains that file. However the sci-libs/csparse ebuild is now dead and is not available in the portage repository. I downloaded the suitesparse-4.0.2.tar.gz package directly and it looks like csparse has been replaced with cxsparse.

I did notice that there is an ebuild called sci-libs/cxsparse that has been emerged on my system. Which does contain the file /usr/lib64/libcxsparse.so and /usr/include/cs.h. So it makes me think that PTS should be looking for those files?

Comment

Doing a search at www.portagefilelist.de for libcsparse.so. Results in sci-libs/csparse as being the ebuild that contains that file. However the sci-libs/csparse ebuild is now dead and is no longer available in the portage repository or any of the overlay repositories. I downloaded the suitesparse-4.0.2.tar.gz package directly and it looks like csparse has been replaced with cxsparse.

I did notice that there is an ebuild called sci-libs/cxsparse that has been emerged on my system. Which does contain the file /usr/lib64/libcxsparse.so and /usr/include/cs.h. So it makes me think that PTS should be looking for those files?

Comment

Originally posted by paulc View Post
              Doing a search at www.portagefilelist.de for libcsparse.so. Results in sci-libs/csparse as being the ebuild that contains that file. However the sci-libs/csparse ebuild is now dead and is no longer available in the portage repository or any of the overlay repositories. I downloaded the suitesparse-4.0.2.tar.gz package directly and it looks like csparse has been replaced with cxsparse.

Thanks for doing the checking, I've gone ahead and updated the file check within PTS Git:

The Phoronix Test Suite open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking software. - pts-core: Update suitesparse external dependencies · phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite@42d2506
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X