Epic Games Loves Linux, Rolls Out UE4 Linux/SteamOS Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    May be they can open source Unreal Engine 1? Then may be someone can finish porting Deus Ex to Linux.
    Well, Epic has released the source for the original Unreal, though only under NDA to a particular group of people. That's how we now have a native Linux port of Unreal.

By the way, Deus Ex does work perfectly though Wine, I played it just a month ago.

Comment

So these $19 per month are what? Per game you develop (way too cheap)? Per user of your game(way too expensive)? Or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian_Ivanov View Post
        So these $19 per month are what? Per game you develop (way too cheap)? Per user of your game(way too expensive)? Or what?
        Per developer.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Per developer.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian_Ivanov View Post
            Thanks.
            actually it's $19 per developer + 5% of the companies gross revenue on the product. All of the big name engines other than Unity have a percent cut of profits on the product in their licensing scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
              actually it's $19 per developer + 5% of the companies gross revenue on the product. All of the big name engines other than Unity have a percent cut of profits on the product in their licensing scheme.
              Crytek has anounced a $9.90/developer licensing scheme that doesn't include any royalties. There aren't any other details just yet, but the press release is here.

I guess they'll be releasing details pretty soon.

Comment

Does UE4 provides native OpenGL support or through a Direct3D wrapper?

Not sure if I'm mixing things up here but either UE4 or CryEngine (maybe both)
                only provide OpenGL through a wrapper (like Valve for the old Source Engine).
                Last edited by entropy; 04 April 2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  Does UE4 provides native OpenGL support or through a Direct3D wrapper?

Not sure if I'm mixing things up here but either UE4 or CryEngine (maybe both)
                  only provide OpenGL through a wrapper (like Valve for the old Source Engine).
                  You're thinking about the CryEngine. UE1 and UE2 used pure OpenGL, and I don't see a reason why UE4 would have it any other way. Though I haven't seen any official information either way.

Comment

You're thinking about the CryEngine. UE1 and UE2 used pure OpenGL, and I don't see a reason why UE4 would have it any other way. Though I haven't seen any official information either way.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X