Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Epic Games Loves Linux, Rolls Out UE4 Linux/SteamOS Support

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
    May be they can open source Unreal Engine 1? Then may be someone can finish porting Deus Ex to Linux.
    Well, Epic has released the source for the original Unreal, though only under NDA to a particular group of people. That's how we now have a native Linux port of Unreal.

    By the way, Deus Ex does work perfectly though Wine, I played it just a month ago.

  2. #12

    Default

    So these $19 per month are what? Per game you develop (way too cheap)? Per user of your game(way too expensive)? Or what?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian_Ivanov View Post
    So these $19 per month are what? Per game you develop (way too cheap)? Per user of your game(way too expensive)? Or what?
    Per developer.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Per developer.
    Thanks.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian_Ivanov View Post
    Thanks.
    actually it's $19 per developer + 5% of the companies gross revenue on the product. All of the big name engines other than Unity have a percent cut of profits on the product in their licensing scheme.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    actually it's $19 per developer + 5% of the companies gross revenue on the product. All of the big name engines other than Unity have a percent cut of profits on the product in their licensing scheme.
    Crytek has anounced a $9.90/developer licensing scheme that doesn't include any royalties. There aren't any other details just yet, but the press release is here.

    I guess they'll be releasing details pretty soon.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Does UE4 provides native OpenGL support or through a Direct3D wrapper?

    Not sure if I'm mixing things up here but either UE4 or CryEngine (maybe both)
    only provide OpenGL through a wrapper (like Valve for the old Source Engine).
    Last edited by entropy; 04-04-2014 at 06:33 AM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Does UE4 provides native OpenGL support or through a Direct3D wrapper?

    Not sure if I'm mixing things up here but either UE4 or CryEngine (maybe both)
    only provide OpenGL through a wrapper (like Valve for the old Source Engine).
    You're thinking about the CryEngine. UE1 and UE2 used pure OpenGL, and I don't see a reason why UE4 would have it any other way. Though I haven't seen any official information either way.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    You're thinking about the CryEngine. UE1 and UE2 used pure OpenGL, and I don't see a reason why UE4 would have it any other way. Though I haven't seen any official information either way.
    Thanks!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    You're thinking about the CryEngine. UE1 and UE2 used pure OpenGL, and I don't see a reason why UE4 would have it any other way. Though I haven't seen any official information either way.
    Nope.

    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ler/index.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •