Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's Tegra K1 Jetson Will Be A Late April Debut

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Tegra K1 Jetson Will Be A Late April Debut

In late March NVIDIA unveiled the Tegra K1 Jetson development board as a very exciting quad-core Cortex-A15 with NVIDIA's fifth companion core while also leveraging a Kepler GPU with 192 CUDA cores, Serial ATA support, USB 3.0 support, and other features. This exciting ARM development board will begin shipping later this month for less than $200 USD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

meh, $200 is a lot of money.

The amazon fire tv launched yesterday for $99 and has a qualcomm s4 pro cpu, 2gb ram, 8gb storage, 10/100 ethernet, hdmi, optical audio and a usb2 port, if someone can get ubuntu running on that it would make for a seriously cheap linux pc.

Comment

My distributor told me I'll get it sometime in May. It's rather disappointing that nvidia needs to announce it weeks before they can actually deliver it..

Comment

New Egg says Release Date: 04/24/2014. I preordered one to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
          meh, $200 is a lot of money.

The amazon fire tv launched yesterday for $99 and has a qualcomm s4 pro cpu, 2gb ram, 8gb storage, 10/100 ethernet, hdmi, optical audio and a usb2 port, if someone can get ubuntu running on that it would make for a seriously cheap linux pc.
          I'm really hoping someone manages to figure out how to get their own kernel on this thing.. if so, it shouldn't be too hard to get going with:

open source driver project for adreno GPUs. Contribute to freedreno/freedreno development by creating an account on GitHub.

it is the same SoC as the inforce ifc6410 board. ($149... or there is a ifc6412 coming for $99.. same apq8064, but I don't really the differences are compared to ifc6410)

(and, well, for ubuntu I'd guess it should just be a matter of recompiling mesa/libdrm/xf86-video-freedreno.. or maybe if xorg-edgers has arm builds? You pretty much just need a very recent mesa/libdrm/etc)

Comment

Working...
          X