Please advise on mini-itx case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise on mini-itx case

I'm looking to build a new system. I'll probably sell off my LGA775 parts (cpu, ddr2 ram, P45 mobo)

I was looking at some motherboards (mini-itx) that have wifi. I am also looking at a stick of 8gb DDR3 RAM. I'll re-use an ATX Corsair HX520W PSU. Also, a 3.5" legacy HDD (perhaps, two). I'll get a 128GB SSD later on.

I am looking at buying an i5-4570 cpu I found for sale (used).

What I have no idea about are cases. I was looking at mid-towers but am leaning towards a mini-itx case. I would like it portable and smaller than the towers. But, I am going in circles with limited choices. I prefer to use AIO closed loop liquid coolers. I just think it'll be easier and cleaner. I did read that some people complain about noise (the pump?) so is there any way to get something that is semi-quiet? I won't be overclocking. What about the H60 or H75?

Other than the cooler, I am undecided about the case.

I noticed that Silverstone cases are discussed in the articles. But, what about these ones, too?

Bitfenix Phenom mITX
    BitFenix Prodigy M
    Bitfenix Prodigy mITX MINI-ITX
    Coolermaster Elite 130

Thanks in advance for any replies/advice/comments.

Thanks for all the feedback and your replies. I'm probably going with the Silverstone Sugo SG05LITE. Yeah, I know it was reviewed here. I read other reviews, too, and it's probably the smallest form factor with the most options. Just wondered if anyone here ran Linux in one of these or other mini-itx cases.

Comment

Working...
    X