Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVM Gets Better Windows Guest Support With Linux 3.15

Phoronix: KVM Gets Better Windows Guest Support With Linux 3.15

The Kernel-based Virtual Machine has seen some semi-exciting enhancements with the in-development Linux 3.15 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Come on, Michael!!!

I understand you need to drive more traffic on this website. Business is business! Granted.
    But leveraging on the word "Windows" is really funny! For a website like this!
    Your title focuses on "Better Windows Guest Support" while in the actual pull request Paolo Bonzini in person says that "most of the cool stuff, instead, is in s390", and that we'll need "a few releases" to get some coolness in x86.
    Do you think that Windows people will be attracted by this? I don't think so. It's jsut me, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
      I understand you need to drive more traffic on this website. Business is business! Granted.
      But leveraging on the word "Windows" is really funny! For a website like this!
      Your title focuses on "Better Windows Guest Support" while in the actual pull request Paolo Bonzini in person says that "most of the cool stuff, instead, is in s390", and that we'll need "a few releases" to get some coolness in x86.
      Do you think that Windows people will be attracted by this? I don't think so. It's jsut me, of course!
      Windows guest support is important to many of us. Obviously I'm not the only one that feels that way otherwise the developers wouldn't be improving it. Of those KVM changes, the Windows improvements are the most likely to affect Phoronix's audience.

Comment

Breaking news!

Great improvements in the concrete formula used for Launch Pad 39A have been shown to the world on July 20, 1969.
        And, by the way, some time later Apollo 11 successfully reached the moon with three astronauts.

Comment

Working...
        X