Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Transmageddon 1.0 Transcoder Supports VP9, DVD Ripping

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,316

    Default Transmageddon 1.0 Transcoder Supports VP9, DVD Ripping

    Phoronix: Transmageddon 1.0 Transcoder Supports VP9, DVD Ripping

    We've been waiting for it and today the Transmageddon 1.0 release finally took place for the open-source audio/video transcoder application...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY1MTM

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Nice to see they can't even spell their own project name correctly, on their blog.

  3. #3

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    Nice to see they can't even spell their own project name correctly, on their blog.
    Hey, be kind, it was the end of a very long day when I finally wrote up that post Anyway, fixed now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Koszalin, Poland
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Can it scale the video files? E.g. from full hd to a dvd size? (& keeping aspect ratio)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Killer View Post
    Can it scale the video files? E.g. from full hd to a dvd size? (& keeping aspect ratio)
    Yes, this page explains how (http://www.linuxrising.org/advanced.html). If there is a transformation (size+codec combination) you find particularly useful for a wide audience let me know and I will add a standard preset for it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Killer View Post
    Can it scale the video files? E.g. from full hd to a dvd size? (& keeping aspect ratio)
    Yes, you can find information about how to do it under the 'Advanced' tab on the Transmageddon homepage.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSchaller View Post
    Hey, be kind, it was the end of a very long day when I finally wrote up that post Anyway, fixed now
    Does it support AMDs hardware acelerated encoding?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Koszalin, Poland
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSchaller View Post
    Yes, this page explains how (http://www.linuxrising.org/advanced.html). If there is a transformation (size+codec combination) you find particularly useful for a wide audience let me know and I will add a standard preset for it.
    Well I got a dvd player that can only (apart from dvd video&video cd) play xvid/mp3 in avi containers but it only plays a maximum resolution of the dvd-video (720x576), I often transcode downloaded youtube moves etc into this format. I wrote scripts for myself that use ffmpeg to do this, but if your tool can do a better/faster/less hassle (e.g. detect if the movie file is too large & set the proper aspect ratio for resizing) job then I'd gladly use it :-).

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sobkas View Post
    Does it support AMDs hardware acelerated encoding?
    Well it relies on whatever GStreamer plugins you have installed and as far as I know there is no GStreamer plugins (apart from maybe the commercial ones from Fluendo?) that supports AMD hardware
    encoding. The only hardware encoder I have tested and which do works is the one from Intel.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Killer View Post
    Well I got a dvd player that can only (apart from dvd video&video cd) play xvid/mp3 in avi containers but it only plays a maximum resolution of the dvd-video (720x576), I often transcode downloaded youtube moves etc into this format. I wrote scripts for myself that use ffmpeg to do this, but if your tool can do a better/faster/less hassle (e.g. detect if the movie file is too large & set the proper aspect ratio for resizing) job then I'd gladly use it :-).
    Well if you write a xml file specifying xvid video, mp3 audio, avi container and a max resolution of 720x576, then Transmageddon would automatically resize any video down to that size if the video is bigger. If the video is that size or smaller it would not resize the video, but leave it as it is. If it resizes it always make sure to preserve aspect ratio.

    I demonstrate I quickly put together a xml file for you:
    http://pastebin.com/XGpYCJAA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •