Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment Elementary Apps Can Now Run Directly On DRM

Phoronix: Enlightenment Elementary Apps Can Now Run Directly On DRM

Enlightenment's been working on native DRM support for its libraries in order for Enlightenment to serve as its own Wayland compositor by talking directly to the Direct Rendering Manager drivers controlling the graphics hardware. Besides serving as a Wayland compositor, Enlightenment's apps based on Elementary can now be run directly on the DRM itself...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is not one Link to the Project .... And the Source link is to you own thing.....................

Comment

last time i checked enlightenment not so far ago, i was floored when i realized how slugish linux desktop became from 0.16 times when i switched from it, enlightenment on the other hand brings back that snappy "look at my desktop" feeling.

enlightenment on wayland simply can't come too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
        last time i checked enlightenment not so far ago, i was floored when i realized how slugish linux desktop became from 0.16 times when i switched from it, enlightenment on the other hand brings back that snappy "look at my desktop" feeling.

enlightenment on wayland simply can't come too soon.
        Considering what is happening with gtk/gnome and the ugliness of Qt/KDE I have to agree 100% It really looks like enlightenment will be the modern desktop environment for the next decade. I'm actually happy that things are moving along so well of late, for awhile enlightenment got no love at all from the development community.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
          Considering what is happening with gtk/gnome and the ugliness of Qt/KDE I have to agree 100% It really looks like enlightenment will be the modern desktop environment for the next decade. I'm actually happy that things are moving along so well of late, for awhile enlightenment got no love at all from the development community.
          Still there are very few people working on enlightenment itself. They definitely need more people working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            Still there are very few people working on enlightenment itself. They definitely need more people working on it.
            well, the more videos on development i see, the more i like it. simple and crazy awesome looking results. beside the fact that elementary includes some truly crazy features by default.

one could only wish there was gtk2efl layer to ease the porting and adoption. gui wise they are more or less using same constraints, except there is shitload more features on enlightenment

Comment

For shame Gnome/KDE/etc
              Elementary (the infamous "slow development" DE) is outpacing you so much it's just sad.

I still have a good laugh every now an then when I think back on how Gnome is taking 3-4 major releases to add Wayland support and Enlightenment was just like "oh, btw we rewrote our entire compositor from scratch in a month or two. It's now 50x better and works with Wayland".

Comment

I'm curious how much of that code will land in Tizen and/or other Samsung affiliated projects?

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                  For shame Gnome/KDE/etc
                  Elementary (the infamous "slow development" DE) is outpacing you so much it's just sad.

I still have a good laugh every now an then when I think back on how Gnome is taking 3-4 major releases to add Wayland support and Enlightenment was just like "oh, btw we rewrote our entire compositor from scratch in a month or two. It's now 50x better and works with Wayland".
                  lol, 0.17 was actually real "duke nukem forever" for linux. i personally used it for reference to never. but, once 0.17 hit they really picked up the ball it seems.

but, as far as features in elelmentary go, even just running tech demos for what elementary does are jaw dropping

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                    For shame Gnome/KDE/etc

Are you a troll?
                    Enlightenment was one of the first projekt anounce they supported the wayland projekt.

Comment

Working...
                    X