Quote Originally Posted by Pajn View Post
Then why do you talk as you obviously have no data to back your statements?
I did tell I was guessing and I didn't have any data.

I however, do.
http://www.w3resource.com/browsers/java-support.php
The numbers of computers that have Java installed is in fact higher since a lot of browsers
now have started to block Java until accepted.
These statistics are gathered from viewers of w3resource.com, whose users are developers. So, they're much more likely to have Java than the average user.

Asm.JS is a subset of Javascript yes. A totally static subset that is compiled from a language
like C, but needs to be compiled again to be run on a processor natively. a.k.a. bytecode.
Your point is correct, however it still isn't Javascript. Just a Javascript compatible bytecode.
I don't understand why you call it a "bytecode". You can write it by hand, it's not so hard.
This is an example (from the specs):

function diag(x, y) {
x = +x; // x has type double
y = +y; // y has type double
return +sqrt(square(x) + square(y));
}

Indeed, quoting from the asm.js FAQs:

"Q. Why don't you specify a bytecode syntax instead of strange JavaScript idioms?
A. For compilers like Emscripten or Mandreel, the syntax of a bytecode language simply isn't that important. In fact, most bytecode and machine languages have non-human-readable binary formats. However, we may create a more human-readable surface syntax for asm.js, which could be used for convenient disassembly and human read/write-ability."