Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux 3.14 Kernel Will Likely Be Released Today

Phoronix: The Linux 3.14 Kernel Will Likely Be Released Today

While no official announcement has come down yet, the Linux 3.14 kernel will most likely be released in the hours ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully today and not tomorrow. I wonder how long it will take Arch to pick this up.

Comment

I like you news, 3 news for 1 event. The first to anounce what could happen, the second when and the third after it occured.

Comment

Originally posted by _ONH_ View Post
        I like you news, 3 news for 1 event. The first to anounce what could happen, the second when and the third after it occured.
        Did you forget the sarcasm tags?

Comment

That's been the standard communication guideline for at least 50 years...

"first you tell them what you're going to tell them, then you tell them, then you tell them what you told them"
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
            Like UVD1.0/2.0 support?
            Nope. That's just a "we're working on it". I don't really get the connection other than the fact that I work for AMD.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by vinipsmaker View Post
              Did you forget the sarcasm tags?
              How did you come to that conclusion? As long as I Don't see to many Add in general I don't have a problem with that kind of news, but phoronix is from time to time very slow from time to time.

So I'm ok with news which might turn some European reader away, because they are annoyed to read that. The load speed improves for me with it.

Apart from that the 3.14 kernel got a few news more than others with the additional RC last week, it seemed to be a bit too much.

Comment

Working...
              X