Thread: NVIDIA's Tegra K1 Jetson Will Be A Late April Debut

Default NVIDIA's Tegra K1 Jetson Will Be A Late April Debut

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Tegra K1 Jetson Will Be A Late April Debut

In late March NVIDIA unveiled the Tegra K1 Jetson development board as a very exciting quad-core Cortex-A15 with NVIDIA's fifth companion core while also leveraging a Kepler GPU with 192 CUDA cores, Serial ATA support, USB 3.0 support, and other features. This exciting ARM development board will begin shipping later this month for less than $200 USD...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY1MzI

meh, $200 is a lot of money.

The amazon fire tv launched yesterday for $99 and has a qualcomm s4 pro cpu, 2gb ram, 8gb storage, 10/100 ethernet, hdmi, optical audio and a usb2 port, if someone can get ubuntu running on that it would make for a seriously cheap linux pc.

My distributor told me I'll get it sometime in May. It's rather disappointing that nvidia needs to announce it weeks before they can actually deliver it..

New Egg says Release Date: 04/24/2014. I preordered one to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
    meh, $200 is a lot of money.

The amazon fire tv launched yesterday for $99 and has a qualcomm s4 pro cpu, 2gb ram, 8gb storage, 10/100 ethernet, hdmi, optical audio and a usb2 port, if someone can get ubuntu running on that it would make for a seriously cheap linux pc.
    I'm really hoping someone manages to figure out how to get their own kernel on this thing.. if so, it shouldn't be too hard to get going with:

https://github.com/freedreno/freedreno/wiki/Fedora

it is the same SoC as the inforce ifc6410 board. ($149... or there is a ifc6412 coming for $99.. same apq8064, but I don't really the differences are compared to ifc6410)

(and, well, for ubuntu I'd guess it should just be a matter of recompiling mesa/libdrm/xf86-video-freedreno.. or maybe if xorg-edgers has arm builds? You pretty much just need a very recent mesa/libdrm/etc)