Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: NVIDIA Just Announced A New ARM Board I Really Love

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,353

    Default NVIDIA Just Announced A New ARM Board I Really Love

    Phoronix: NVIDIA Just Announced A New ARM Board I Really Love

    Besides announcing the next-gen Pascal GPU family, NVIDIA just announced the Jetson TK1 DevKit... Already I have put in an order for this ARM development board with likely more on the way in being super-excited about the performance potential of this sub-$200 ARM Linux platform...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY0MzE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Michael, as a journalist you should really know the difference between "it's" and "its".

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrDrag View Post
    Michael, as a journalist you should really know the difference between "it's" and "its".
    First off, I don't call myself a "journalist", but anyhow, when I am writing 10+ articles daily and working 80+ hour weeks, writing mistakes do happen. Thanks for pointing out that small mistake and it's been corrected.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321

    Default

    What's with Wayland/EGL support there? If it's not coming, then there is not much to be excited about there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Looks like a nice piece of ARM hardware, I can't wait to see the full review!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrDrag View Post
    Michael, as a journalist you should really know the difference between "it's" and "its".
    Wrong. Correct answer is "eats", from "to eat". For example "Dancing potato eats a monkey" (Oscar Wilde, "Fifty shades of grey").

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    First off, I don't call myself a "journalist", but anyhow, when I am writing 10+ articles daily and working 80+ hour weeks, writing mistakes do happen. Thanks for pointing out that small mistake and it's been corrected.
    Thanks for your work Michael.
    I'm pretty sure that not having somebody paid to correct your small mistakes don't disqualified you from being called a journalist, after all this is what you do

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
    What's with Wayland/EGL support there? If it's not coming, then there is not much to be excited about there.
    NVIDIAs binary driver has EGL 1.4 and the just released EGL 1.5 has Wayland platform extensions. So if they ever want to be 1.5 compliant they have to support that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    NVIDIAs binary driver has EGL 1.4 and the just released EGL 1.5 has Wayland platform extensions. So if they ever want to be 1.5 compliant they have to support that.
    You mean x86 driver or the ARM one? x86 has EGL for Xorg, not for Wayland. So that doesn't help. libEGL is display server specific, it's not a generic library.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    An ARM board with a Mini PCIe slot? That's quite intriguing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •