Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZXT Tempest

Phoronix: NZXT Tempest

It's been a while since last reviewing a computer chassis from NZXT (November 2006 with the NZXT Zero), but today we have our hands on NZXT's newest chassis, the Tempest. NZXT describes this mid-tower steel chassis as being the "airflow king" with four 120mm fans and two 140mm fans, in addition to being ready for a dual radiator setup for water-cooling. NZXT has also taken this case a step further by accommodating eight hard drive mounts and room for an extended ATX motherboard, all inside this case that measures in at 211 x 512 x 562 mm. We first viewed the Tempest back at CES 2008, and in this review we'll tell you what we think of this newest NZXT creation.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As soon as I got a peek at the case in the review, I turned my head to the right. There sits my own computer, housed in an Antec 900 case. And NZXT's is a blatant rip off of it.

From reading the review and my experiences with my own 900, not only have NZXT done their blatant rip off a year late, but they've also done it much worse. Congratulations NZXT, may you revel in crapulence forever.

Comment

Originally posted by CoarseSand View Post
      As soon as I got a peek at the case in the review, I turned my head to the right. There sits my own computer, housed in an Antec 900 case. And NZXT's is a blatant rip off of it.

From reading the review and my experiences with my own 900, not only have NZXT done their blatant rip off a year late, but they've also done it much worse. Congratulations NZXT, may you revel in crapulence forever.
      I thought the NXZT Tempest looked like the Nine Hundred as well. However, I don't fault NXZT for trying to mimic the Nine Hundred as the Nine Hundred is a very nice case and is supposedly being discontinued in favor of the Twelve Hundred. They seemed to do an okay job considering the case was half the price of a Nine Hundred.

Comment

Working...
      X