Fedora 21 Picks Up More Features, KDE Plasma To Be A Product In F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 Picks Up More Features, KDE Plasma To Be A Product In F22

Phoronix: Fedora 21 Picks Up More Features, KDE Plasma To Be A Product In F22

There were more features approved for inclusion into Fedora 21 and already talk of making a KDE Plasma Fedora product for the Fedora 22 release given its popularity...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For us followers and users of Fedora KDE, this is great news. It means that we may see more support for distro-specific tools and patches, designed and tailored with Fedora Plasma in mind. A vision: a desktop for power users. A soul: an user who does more with his computer than simply using productivity software and browsing the Internet.

Please, make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
      For us followers and users of Fedora KDE, this is great news. It means that we may see more support for distro-specific tools and patches, designed and tailored with Fedora Plasma in mind. A vision: a desktop for power users. A soul: an user who does more with his computer than simply using productivity software and browsing the Internet.

Please, make it happen.
      That isn't the vision of the Fedora Plasma product proposal

"Fedora Plasma Product aims at scientists, students and teachers. We believe that Fedora could serve as number one scientific and educational distribution"

In essence, this will become a successor to the Fedora Scientific Spin which already uses KDE.

Comment

kde?

kde is a horrible DE but ok

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
          Fixed. The real story is KDE failed to establish anything for F21. Gnome is promoted to Workstation Product.
          Die, troll. Die!

Comment

Thanks! You might want to pass that water to KDE. They are the ones getting burnt today.
            Today a Red Hat employee explained to you that educators and scientists (i.e. intelligent people) prefer KDE.

I understand that this must hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
              Today a Red Hat employee explained to you that educators and scientists (i.e. intelligent people) prefer KDE.

I understand that this must hurt you.
              To be clear, this isn't anything I said. I am just showing what the proposal says.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                To be clear, this isn't anything I said. I am just showing what the proposal says.
                I'm just messing with him, I know that you aren't trolling here on phoronix

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  I'm just messing with him, I know that you aren't trolling here on phoronix
                  Haha, be careful not to feed him too much!

Comment

Pingu just need to blow some steam. He knows very well that KDE just got further degraded in Fedora Land. So let him talk all he wants!
                    It was an article about the rising popularity of KDE, and about Fedora users demanding more KDE. And about Fedora continuing to use KDE as default on their Educational and Science-oriented versions. And this is on the heels of KDE being voted the best DE on several sites.

I understand that this has hit you very hard. You told us that KDE was dead two years ago, and now all this.

Comment

Working...
                    X