Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Just Announced A New ARM Board I Really Love

Phoronix: NVIDIA Just Announced A New ARM Board I Really Love

Besides announcing the next-gen Pascal GPU family, NVIDIA just announced the Jetson TK1 DevKit... Already I have put in an order for this ARM development board with likely more on the way in being super-excited about the performance potential of this sub-$200 ARM Linux platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, as a journalist you should really know the difference between "it's" and "its".

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrDrag View Post
      Michael, as a journalist you should really know the difference between "it's" and "its".
      First off, I don't call myself a "journalist", but anyhow, when I am writing 10+ articles daily and working 80+ hour weeks, writing mistakes do happen. Thanks for pointing out that small mistake and it's been corrected.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

What's with Wayland/EGL support there? If it's not coming, then there is not much to be excited about there.

Comment

Looks like a nice piece of ARM hardware, I can't wait to see the full review!

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrDrag View Post
            Wrong. Correct answer is "eats", from "to eat". For example "Dancing potato eats a monkey" (Oscar Wilde, "Fifty shades of grey").

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              First off, I don't call myself a "journalist", but anyhow, when I am writing 10+ articles daily and working 80+ hour weeks, writing mistakes do happen. Thanks for pointing out that small mistake and it's been corrected.
              Thanks for your work Michael.
              I'm pretty sure that not having somebody paid to correct your small mistakes don't disqualified you from being called a journalist, after all this is what you do

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                What's with Wayland/EGL support there? If it's not coming, then there is not much to be excited about there.
                NVIDIAs binary driver has EGL 1.4 and the just released EGL 1.5 has Wayland platform extensions. So if they ever want to be 1.5 compliant they have to support that.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                  NVIDIAs binary driver has EGL 1.4 and the just released EGL 1.5 has Wayland platform extensions. So if they ever want to be 1.5 compliant they have to support that.
                  You mean x86 driver or the ARM one? x86 has EGL for Xorg, not for Wayland. So that doesn't help. libEGL is display server specific, it's not a generic library.

Comment

An ARM board with a Mini PCIe slot? That's quite intriguing.

Comment

Working...
                    X