Three New Tweaks I Like In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russofris View Post
    I am honestly flabbergasted that Canonical's decision to "give up" on the global-menu is seen as a positive attribute to 14.04 by the linux media and Phoronix community members.
    They didn't give up on global menu which is still default. They simply added an option for choosing LIM (Locally Integrated Menus). Those menus as you can see are in the titlebar of a program and if you maximize the window they integrate in the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
      A large portion of the phoronix community are young, impassioned, and lack the social grace necessary for proper civilized discourse.

Translation: Because he's a shitlord hater.
      Russofris, I like you.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
        Maybe it's just force of habit but my mouse pointer tends to stay on the right side of the window since that's where the scrollbar is.
        That's a good point. Unity would benefit from a "classic mode" similar to Gnome 3.8+.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post
          They didn't give up on global menu which is still default. They simply added an option for choosing LIM (Locally Integrated Menus). Those menus as you can see are in the titlebar of a program and if you maximize the window they integrate in the panel.
          Well now I feel bad leaving that note for Mark... It took me nearly an hour to key it into the hood of his car.

Comment

Working...
          X