Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel, Radeon, Nouveau Preview On Linux 3.14 With Mesa 10.2 Git

Phoronix: Intel, Radeon, Nouveau Preview On Linux 3.14 With Mesa 10.2 Git

After earlier this week sharing 2D benchmarks of the Intel, Radeon, and Nouveau drivers using the different X.Org acceleration architectures, the benchmarks in this article are looking at the always-interesting OpenGL performance for the same diverse selection of hardware when using the latest development code via the Linux 3.14 kernel and Mesa 10.2-devel.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Alpha Artifacts ?

Okay, so I'm a newbie. Only tangentially related to this article, but I recently wrote some C++ code that overlays two photographic images with alpha blending. Compositing is done with QtPainter, Qt 5.2.1 on an up-to-date Fedora 20 3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64. Given the speed I think QPainter must be misusing OpenGL under the hood: the results for even modestly low alpha values (150 out of 255) are not pretty. Googling "alpha blend artifact" suggests the problem is by no means limited to Qt, or even Linux. My gaffics cards are both integrated Intel: an HD3000 on i5 2500k, and an HD 4000 (I think) on an i7something Ivy Bridge notebook. Does anyone here know of a software compositor I could test these against? I (very) briefly considered writing one myself, before realizing that composing two images of different resolutions onto a third destination canvas is not necessarily "sure, I'll knock it out by noon" trivial. Has anyone experience with this? Thanks!

Comment

i have a gtx 460

i have a gtx 460

Comment

Why use xorg-edgers instead of Oibaf's for open source drivers? I've never had problems with Unigine Valley/Heaven or Xonotic with my 7950 using Oibaf's PPA.

Comment

hybrid system

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          Why use xorg-edgers instead of Oibaf's for open source drivers? I've never had problems with Unigine Valley/Heaven or Xonotic with my 7950 using Oibaf's PPA.
          intel/nvidia card on my laptop, my mother laptop with apu uses oibaf?s on ubuntu 13.10

Comment

Working...
          X