Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Boxes Improves Virtualization, More Future Plans

Phoronix: GNOME Boxes Improves Virtualization, More Future Plans

One of the interesting but seldom talked about GNOME applications is GNOME Boxes for virtualization, but it did have an interesting 3.12 development cycle and there's more plans ahead for GNOME 3.14...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will have to partially agree here with FunkyStar. The best features of Gnome Boxes are extremely noobish friendly virtualization and UI that fits with the rest of Gnome...

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      I tested this on a dumb person already familiar with the new Gnome app UX. While he had no prior experience with virtualization he was able to use boxes. I only told him that computers can be hidden inside other computers. That is all. The biggest problem was keeping track between native systems and boxes. A nice hack to avoid this is changing backgrounds. Gnome should fix this.
      I can confirm this.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
        I tested this on a dumb person already familiar with the new Gnome app UX. While he had no prior experience with virtualization he was able to use boxes. I only told him that computers can be hidden inside other computers. That is all. The biggest problem was keeping track between native systems and boxes. A nice hack to avoid this is changing backgrounds. Gnome should fix this.
        Computers aren't hidden side other computers. Operating Systems are sitting in a virtual layer on top of the main OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
          Computers aren't hidden side other computers. Operating Systems are sitting in a virtual layer on top of the main OS.
          I don't think you understand what OP means.

Comment

Working...
          X