Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,130

    Default

    Ouch, not like they couldn't've afforded a blur on top.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Ouch, not like they couldn't've afforded a blur on top.
    For a game that is otherwise pretty gorgeous (and is aging quite well IMO, unlike Skyrim which was pretty bad on release), the dithered shadows is a real eyesore. I wouldn't mind having it as an option for lower end machines, but a more conventional shadowing effect would be preferably if it is technically possible for the engine. I'd even take the F.E.A.R. brute force method of layering translucent textures.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    I see JPEG compression artifacts but no problem with the shadows…

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stqn View Post
    I see JPEG compression artifacts but no problem with the shadows…
    Nope, they are not JPEG artifacts, at the edge of the shadows there is dither when "Sharpen" is actived in the settings. Disabling it makes it go away.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Some FXAA tests from way back, read info in the lower right side, click on the cog in the upper right side -> View Full resolution: http://imgur.com/a/SpScJ#0

    It gets fixed using Ubersampling but that means you have a powerful GPU to begin with: http://is.gd/M3UOEU & http://is.gd/ZJOAqw & http://is.gd/OD0zT9 & http://is.gd/CG4L3k & http://is.gd/ZuTy3z
    Last edited by Licaon; 03-23-2014 at 07:16 AM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomizer View Post
    Percentage-Closer Filtering with large sampling area I guess. Not much you can do about it.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    today i had to restart steam just to see that witcher 2 got removed from my linux list, when i got to the steamdb page i can see that linux got removed from the witcher 2 entry does that mean that witcher 2 does not come to linux?

    sorry if my english is bad i hope it's still undertandable

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Culted View Post
    today i had to restart steam just to see that witcher 2 got removed from my linux list, when i got to the steamdb page i can see that linux got removed from the witcher 2 entry does that mean that witcher 2 does not come to linux?

    sorry if my english is bad i hope it's still undertandable
    It's (probably) still coming, they just removed it from Steam for whatever reason.
    It's going to be re-added when it's out - aka (likely) when gog start selling Linux games.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Actually love that game, tried playing it in linux on wine but at average 10 fps at all settings and 17 frames at lowest settings & VGA resolution, it was quite unplayable.
    Any idea wheather they added opengl renderer or merely optimized dx engine via their togl translation layer?

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpruzina View Post
    Actually love that game, tried playing it in linux on wine but at average 10 fps at all settings and 17 frames at lowest settings & VGA resolution, it was quite unplayable.
    Any idea wheather they added opengl renderer or merely optimized dx engine via their togl translation layer?
    What hardware do you have? You'll ideally have a midrange or greater nvidia GPU and a fast CPU. CSMT is also a must, it gives a large performance boost with this game (IIRC it was close to +100% on my system)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •