Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Debcool View Post
    Unfortunatly after 2 hours of download, it doesn't run! "Missing executable"

I followed the support instructions (erase appcache folder & make a file check) but doesn't work either. Actually, there is no executable in the folder at all.

I hope they'll fix it soon!

A+
    Debcool
    Yeah, we've seen this before. You can try and see if there is any Linux beta you can join, but I doubt that.
    It usually means that the game will come out really soon.

I'm sure CD Projekt Red will make a proper announcement when the release is ready. Don't expect anything to work as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittie View Post
    Yeah, we've seen this before. You can try and see if there is any Linux beta you can join, but I doubt that.
    It usually means that the game will come out really soon.
    Yep, what Spittie said. Definitely seen this before. I can't remember the last game I saw it with... Maybe Metro Last Light?

Anyway, I'm downloading the game right now, abusing my work connection.

Default Closed depot

It appears the game is very much a work in progress and there's only an encrypted binary for it right now (and I think you probably have to be a part of the beta to even get that):
    http://steamdb.info/app/20920/#section_depots

Anyone know if you can volunteer?

That said, I can live with the wait. It's good enough that it's happening and not in the distant future.

Maybe they also have the RED-Kit and patched version available?
    There are dzip tools for linux

I hope the linux version doesn't share the same shadow dithering the DX9 version had.
    It was so ugly and distracting that I never finished my playthrough on windows.

Quote Originally Posted by kalgregor View Post
    I hope the linux version doesn't share the same shadow dithering the DX9 version had.
    I always thought that was a problem with wine. Do you mean to tell me it happens under windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirt001 View Post
    I always thought that was a problem with wine. Do you mean to tell me it happens under windows?
    Disable Sharpen or live with the shadows like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kalgregor View Post
    What is this shadow dithering that you speak of? I don't doubt you, I'm just not sure what you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by hiryu View Post
    What is this shadow dithering that you speak of? I don't doubt you, I'm just not sure what you're referring to.