X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiesiek na linuksa, zajebiście :-D

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
      I bought the non-DRM version from gog.com, but I'm more than happy to pay for it again on Steam to get Linux support (and to support games of this caliber coming to linux). I'll even buy 1 or 2 copies for linux-using friends.
      Since CD Projekt (the creator/publisher for The Witcher) own gog, I don't really see how it could be available on Steam but not on gog.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Now the question is how long is it going to take them to release the original on linux
        Don't hold your breath, the so called Mac version of W1 is actually a WINE wrapped one.

Comment

I bought the non-DRM version from gog.com, but I'm more than happy to pay for it again on Steam to get Linux support (and to support games of this caliber coming to linux). I'll even buy 1 or 2 copies for linux-using friends.
          Eh? GOG has also announced Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Eh? GOG has also announced Linux support.
            This is true, and I've thought about this, but I think it still remains to be seen if we'll see support for Witcher 2 directly through gog.com. Here's to hoping, however.

As a side note, I'm really hoping gog will be able to update the old loki titles, but I really have no idea how doable that is.

Comment

This is true, and I've thought about this, but I think it still remains to be seen if we'll see support for Witcher 2 directly through gog.com. Here's to hoping, however.

As a side note, I'm really hoping gog will be able to update the old loki titles, but I really have no idea how doable that is.
              It would be rather insane to have it on Steam and not on GOG. It would be like having Half-Life on GOG and not on Steam...

Comment

Originally posted by deve View Post
                Wiesiek na linuksa, zajebiście :-D
                I know that feeling of bit of national pride , had the same feeling for Serious Sam 3 (from Croatia)

Comment

It would be rather insane to have it on Steam and not on GOG. It would be like having Half-Life on GOG and not on Steam...
                  Agreed. However timing can matter. The game can be ready before GOG is ready to roll out Linux support. Then the question will be, are they going to release it on Steam before GOG? I'd expect them to make a simultaneous release.

Comment

I disagree. The Witcher 2 is already available on Steam, and Steam already has a Linux distribution channel. GOG does not yet have a reliable Linux distribution channel (okay, so their distribution channel is through their website, but I think that's beside the point); Steam has already established a presence on the platform.

I think that it'd be silly to *not* release The Witcher 2 on Linux through Steam.

Comment

Steam is their competitor. So it makes sense for GOG to make a simultaneous release really. Not that I care (I don't use Steam anyway), but from GOG's perspective they don't want to attract more customers to Steam than to themselves. GOG is working on adding Linux games distribution through their site. So far Witcher 2 for Linux isn't even announced as ready, so there wouldn't be a big gap anyway.
                      Last edited by shmerl; 19 March 2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X