Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
Quality. Sure to impress people using VST instruments with polished and intuitive GUIs.
lolz. Yeah, the gui on this synth certainly isn't going to turn any heads... That being said - as a musician, i am less concerned with the look of a synth, than i am with how it sounds/performs. Cursynth doesn't offer any overly compelling, modern features but even considering that, it is at least possible that it has an interesting sound/quirk to it [as many more constrained synths can & do], but i wasn't able to even test that.

it definitely needs some work;

- When built with Alsa + Jack, it tries to grab alsa, rather than use jack [even when jack is running];

Code:
RtApiAlsa::getDeviceInfo: snd_pcm_open error for device (hw:0,3), Device or resource busy.
RtApiAlsa::probeDeviceOpen: pcm device (hw:0,3) won't open for output.
then if i build without alsa [and just jack], i get;

Code:
RtApiJack::probeDeviceOpen: the requested sample rate (44100) is different than the JACK server rate (96000).
I'm not really interested enough to figure it out, as I tend to use my VSTs on my linux box anyway. Which work just fine ~ N.I: Komplete 9 , U-he, Audio Damage + the odd freebie, etc... afaict, without hearing it; Cursynth is likely not competitive with [regardless of gui] with any of the synths that i tend to use. [many of which i tend to disable the gui's for anyway.

regardless, it is nice to see someone working on a music related project for linux [which could use many, many, many more - as there are areas where linux is still extremely lacking]....