Catalyst 14.3 Beta Linux Driver Fixes OpenGL Performance Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RecceDG View Post
    Oh, Son, that's *nothing* what I look like.

I'd send you a picture... but you know, it'd be faster if you just asked your Mom. She has *plenty* of pictures.

Mind you, she's in all of them... You've seen your mother naked before, right?

Oh what am I saying - *of course* you've seen your mother naked. Duh! I mean, we're *Eskimo brothers* right?

Comment

So nothing at all to contribute to the conversation at all, huh?

Can't even create your own material - you lack the intelligence to do even that. All you are capable of is throwing other people's shit.

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

No worries though - there's an "ignore" function on the board. Off to the killfile you go!

*PLONK*

Comment

Can't even create your own material - you lack the intelligence to do even that. All you are capable of is throwing other people's shit.

No worries though - there's an "ignore" function on the board. Off to the killfile you go!

*PLONK*
        I was not aware there is an ignore function. Holy crap, now I can actually browse the forums without reading any of the troll's comments. THANK. YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          As I said before, if you truly needed OpenGL 4.x you would buy a NVIDIA graphics card which actually supports OpenGL 4.4 and prior specifications without all the bugs and glitches of Catalyst which doesn't even support OpenGL 3.x that well.
          [...]
          Even the open source drivers have better performance than Catalyst in Metro Last Light. Tessellation is not a requirement to play any games at all.
          I only want tesselation. Tesselation makes a visible difference in games, including Metro: Last Light.

Source: HardOCP (Gallery)

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          ImageMagick runs perfectly fine with multicore processors using GNU parallel, and password cracking does not fall under the purview of graphics and gaming.
          I want a card for OpenCL image processing to offload my CPU and password cracking. You telling me to load my CPU even more and to buy NVidia? NVidia cards suck at password cracking, and it is questionable whether they will ever properly work with nouveau. With radeon, at least AMD is committed to write a fully-featured open source driver, even though they are not quite there yet.

Comment

*PLONK*
            you are like a kid that need milk of mom . noob.

Comment

I went the other way - nVidia for years, then finally switched to AMD - HD7870.

And I'm happy. Yes, the drivers started out a little shaky, but they've been steadily improving, they release new versions constantly, and now they are rock solid. Everything - including my dual-monitor setup with one monitor rotated in portrait mode - Just Works.

And this latest beta fixed a Portal 2 bug, so now Portal 2 plays perfectly.

Do I wish that performance matched Windows? Sure. But the performance is good enough, renders correctly, and the weirder parts of my setup are supported. So I'm happy.

What I REALLY REALLY wish though was that the trolls and haters stayed the hell out of these update threads. You don't like Catalyst? Fine. Nobody is forcing you to use them. But nobody CARES that you think they suck, and those of us who DO use them with no problems at all would rather be able to discuss things without the constant stream of hate. If you have nothing good to say, then stay silent.
              I agree with you fully. AMD cards work for us and we are happy with them... If they dont work for some people..then they should not use them...

I am pretty sure that the problem is behind the keyboard not in the AMD cards...

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post
                I agree with you fully. AMD cards work for us and we are happy with them... If they dont work for some people..then they should not use them...

I am pretty sure that the problem is behind the keyboard not in the AMD cards...
                gave me back my money and I will can afford to buy a good nvidia.

Comment

Oh, Son, that's *nothing* what I look like.

I'd send you a picture... but you know, it'd be faster if you just asked your Mom. She has *plenty* of pictures.

Mind you, she's in all of them... You've seen your mother naked before, right?

Oh what am I saying - *of course* you've seen your mother naked. Duh! I mean, we're *Eskimo brothers* right?
                  ... why do people insist on feeding? Trust me, you don't look cool doing it

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                  gave me back my money and I will can afford to buy a good nvidia.
                  It's called a refund. If your refund period is up, then it's called re-sell

Originally posted by MWisBest View Post
                  I was not aware there is an ignore function. Holy crap, now I can actually browse the forums without reading any of the troll's comments. THANK. YOU.
                  I wasn't aware of this either. I usually don't resort to ignoring people... but I think it's time I block a certain someone

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                    ... why do people insist on feeding? Trust me, you don't look cool doing it

It's called a refund. If your refund period is up, then it's called re-sell

I wasn't aware of this either. I usually don't resort to ignoring people... but I think it's time I block a certain someone
                    You can only receive a refund in the first week , if you have only used windows in the first two months, is so late to ask for a refund. BIG TROLL. And the re sell, is only for the 50/60% of the initial price. The solution is to use windows and drop linux until amd fix the drivers. Yesterday I tried catalyst 14.3. Left 4 dead 2 continue unplayable for me, on medium settings, when on windows I can play a 1080 p and hig settings, serious sam have serious stuttering, and dota2 caused to me session crash. Fantastic drivers, thank you amd.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                      I only want tesselation. Tesselation makes a visible difference in games, including Metro: Last Light.

Source: HardOCP (Gallery)

I want a card for OpenCL image processing to offload my CPU and password cracking. You telling me to load my CPU even more and to buy NVidia? NVidia cards suck at password cracking, and it is questionable whether they will ever properly work with nouveau. With radeon, at least AMD is committed to write a fully-featured open source driver, even though they are not quite there yet.
                      Where is the difference in those 2 pictures ? I can only see slight lighting changes but there's no visible detail gain.

Comment

Working...
                      X