X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat2 View Post
    man synclient

sudo apt-get install gpointing-device-settings

I tried that, but half of it is disabled and some of the figures are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
      I tried that, but half of it is disabled and some of the figures are wrong.
      I think it's dead. The homepage in the Ubuntu .deb does not exist and git only contains translation entry's. I see one code commit in 2010 though.

If I were you, I would just create an synaptics_custom.conf in your xorg.conf.d and be done with it. No more fiddling with synclient and system-wide settings.

Comment

Yogo Pro 2 support is only half baked

On a Yoga 2 Pro, using Kubuntu 14.04 with the latest 1.73 drivers, my touchpad fails to initialize as I have to blacklist the idea_pad-laptop module to enable wifi.

Removing idea_pad from the blacklist enables the touhpad, but wifi will not initialize.

I can't seem to manually revive wlan without removing the ideapad-laptop module:

Code:
        sudo rmmod -f ideapad-laptop
        Failed manual attempts at reviving the wlan were as follows:
        Code:
        sudo rfkill unblock all
        sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
        sudo service network-manager restart
        even though:

Code:
        iwlist scan
        shows that wlan0 is "UP BROADCAST..."

Looks like this issue can be resolved as per this bug report, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1021036, but patch has yet to land in the kernel.

I sure wish the manufactures would put a little more time in testing their products with Linux and requesting Linux compatibility from their component vendors.

Comment

Yoga 2 Pro half bake update

Update to post #13: Subsequent updates from the Kubuntu repositories have fixed the touchpad/wifi conflict. Touchpad works with the ideapad-laptop module disabled.

Comment

Working...
          X