Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE Plasma Next Getting Better Logos & Icons

Default KDE Plasma Next Getting Better Logos & Icons

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Next Getting Better Logos & Icons

The KDE Visual Design Group has provided an update regarding some of their icon and logo improvements being done as part of KDE's Plasma Next and KDE Frameworks 5...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYzMzE

Thumbs up

Looks great, I love it

Looks great. I wish the Gnome Team would accept some professional and polished icon theme as default like Faience or Numix Icon Them which seems to be the most active at the moment. Having a consistent look for the icons add a ton to the overall polish of the desktop. Not even Windows or OS X has that.

Aww...I love the old, colorful icons. It's one of the things that originally drew me to KDE. I hope the leave the old theme as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Prescience500 View Post
    I hope the leave the old theme as an option.
    I doubt they would, although it may not see as many updates in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    I doubt they would, although it may not see as many updates in the future.
    You can easily install any theme you want in KDE. Everything is customisable in KDE

Quote Originally Posted by Prescience500 View Post
    Aww...I love the old, colorful icons. It's one of the things that originally drew me to KDE. I hope the leave the old theme as an option.
    I like Oxygen icons too. The team has assured, however, that they are making sure that users could manually revert pretty much any change they do. So Oxygen icons will certainly be supported, just not default.

I've got mixed feelings on this personally, feels to me like they're taking far too many cues from Metro which is a style I really don't care for, but it is kde so I don't have to worry too much on that since I can just switch it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    I've got mixed feelings on this personally, feels to me like they're taking far too many cues from Metro which is a style I really don't care for, but it is kde so I don't have to worry too much on that since I can just switch it out.
    The original concept of the new file icon theme felt Metro'y to me, but the current one looks fine.
    Yes, the simplification is also something I don't really like, but it allows doing nice things like setting icon colours depending on the plasma theme (so you no longer have to look for dark/light icon themes). And as you said, it's easy to swap out, so there's no harm.

as one who dislikes KDE look, this looks pretty damn nice