Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
Oh you just said Gnome was out of the question because they break extensions when Gnome get feature releases. You are more patient with cinnamon I see. You measure the software on different scales, that is a fallacy. You might not like Gnome, but this is not fair. If you can wait forever to get cinnamon updates, you can aso wait a few months to have the Gnome extensions get ready for new Gnome releases.
I was thinking of, say, not only Ubuntu but the whole Linux infrastructure making some kind of change that made it impossible to run an unmantained Kdenlive or and unmantained Cinnamon. I would not switch to Lightworks, which requires activation with an account, just to be able to run a new libc or kernel. Lightworks is not open source and I don't trust closed binaries with sensitive files on an encrypted filesystem. I would not give up the old-style desktop under any circumstances. Anything that cannot be made compatable with Kdenlive or a similar FULL-FEATURED true FOSS video editor I can't use, and anything that would force me to change how I interact with my computers I don't want and will not use-no matter who says anything.

Ask any computer salesman about getting people who really don't want a phone/tablet interface to buy Windows 8!