Unity 7 Is Now My Desktop, Wins Over Xfce On HiDPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    Who the hell would buy a HIDPI notebook to use with linux? Good luck!
    The Notebook which had the highest DPI until the UH90/L launched (Chromebook Pixel) exclusively runs Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Third, just because it isn't important to you, doesn't mean that it isn't important to others here.
      You don?t have to remark what I just have said. I have six posts, yes, and you too, but that's exactly the situation I was talking about: you can make 6 posts in a day, sometimes I write two paragraphs and I'm concerned about others understanding my english. In this particular case I wrote " I don't think this news is not important" and you understood the opposite.

I respect what he does with his site, I can't question it's a successful site and it would be ridiculous to say he's an idiot for whatever reason. The title of this article is just more of a blog entry than a news tabloid and I wasn't aware phoronix.com could be taken as a blog too because there are no reason to think like that when you enter the main page. Knowing this I accept phoronix as it is and I'm prepared to read "articles" that are written from a very subjective point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Onuca_V View Post
        Knowing this I accept phoronix as it is and I'm prepared to read "articles" that are written from a very subjective point of view.
        Very well said.

Comment

Michael :

I have requested a nearest neighbor scaling mode (1 pixel becomes 4 pixels) for various drivers, see:

intel:

amdgpu:

radeon:

nouveau:

NVIDIA proprietary:

As you can see from the comments from Chris Wilson on the Intel thread, it actually turned out that nearest neighbor scaling could be achieved with xrandr.

He has created a patch for xrandr which makes it possible to use nearest neighbor scaling with xrandr, see:

Maybe you could create a news about this ?

Comment

Working...
          X