Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender Is Now Working On A Feature-Length Film

Phoronix: Blender Is Now Working On A Feature-Length Film

Gooseberry is the latest project by the Blender Foundation, the entity behind the popular open-source 3D animation software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For open source films they've made it awfully difficult to find the source. The first two films both have them easily accessible. I have never been able to find any of the blender project files for Sintel or Tears of Steel, just terabytes of frames.

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
      For open source films they've made it awfully difficult to find the source. The first two films both have them easily accessible. I have never been able to find any of the blender project files for Sintel or Tears of Steel, just terabytes of frames.
      I agree, they make it really hard to find the data and they don't offer it in an easily accessible format. On the other hand I can understand why they do it. The Blender foundation needs to cover its expenses and they'd rather have you buy the DVD from the store. As it's not very expensive, I don't have a problem with that.

Still, you can download the production files for Sintel as a huge tar file: http://www.sintel.org/news/sintel-fu...io-svn-online/
      Some models are also available on blendswap.com.

I think there's also a Tears of Steel repository somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post
        I agree, they make it really hard to find the data and they don't offer it in an easily accessible format. On the other hand I can understand why they do it. The Blender foundation needs to cover its expenses and they'd rather have you buy the DVD from the store. As it's not very expensive, I don't have a problem with that.

Still, you can download the production files for Sintel as a huge tar file: http://www.sintel.org/news/sintel-fu...io-svn-online/
        Some models are also available on blendswap.com.

I think there's also a Tears of Steel repository somewhere.
        Silly me for not looking through the blog and seeing a link to that. A bit of a pain that it's all split up though. Might have to burn up a chunk of my download cap some time. I doubt it would render properly (or at all) in any current version of Blender though. Cycles has mutated much since it was produced.

Comment

If I remember correctly Sintel is hard to find due to a Sony claim of intellectual property violation.

Comment

Working...
          X