Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Updates Legacy Driver, 304.1210 Supports New Kernels

Phoronix: NVIDIA Updates Legacy Driver, 304.1210 Supports New Kernels

NVIDIA released the 304.1210 legacy Linux graphics driver this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

simply fantastic support...

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      simply fantastic support...
      ...compared to AMD's proprietary driver.

Comment

Shame on you AMD!!

Comment

Originally posted by Error View Post
          Shame on you AMD!!
          Yep, shame on AMD for open-sourcing gpu documentation, and making it possible to port drivers to other platforms such as BSD. In 2 years time the AMD haters will be nowhere to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
            Yep, shame on AMD for open-sourcing gpu documentation, and making it possible to port drivers to other platforms such as BSD. In 2 years time the AMD haters will be nowhere to be seen.
            How nice of them to allow you to go through the work to port their driver to BSD. Whereas nvidia only has official BSD support out of the box.

Comment

Shame on you AMD!!
              The only shame AMD should have right now is not reviewing/releasing the UVD1 code. The fglrx/Catalyst blob is for gamerz with the latest cards. AMD doesn't need to support older products with it if they do things right on the open source side.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                It is ironic that you mark me as AMD hater when I have ALWAYS used AMD and ATI products all my life.

I have a Radeon 4850 which is more than enough for my casual gaming needs. The open source drivers do not help in gaming.

Comment

It is ironic that you mark me as AMD hater when I have ALWAYS used AMD and ATI products all my life.

I have a Radeon 4850 which is more than enough for my casual gaming needs. The open source drivers do not help in gaming.
                  And I use nvidia in my systems. Notice that I wrote 'in two years' by that time hopefully the drivers will be in better shape and cover 80% of use cases.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    How nice of them to allow you to go through the work to port their driver to BSD. Whereas nvidia only has official BSD support out of the box.
                    good point. The problem consists in KMS and when will that be a reality for nvidia drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X