Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State Of Wayland Support With KDE Frameworks 5, Plasma Next

Phoronix: The State Of Wayland Support With KDE Frameworks 5, Plasma Next

Martin Gr??lin has written a new blog post about "KDE5" and Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Honton.

Comment

What I'm getting from this is that it will have "good support in some areas, but none in others", kinda like Gnome at the moment. I don't see why this is a race to some people...

Besides, I couldn't care less about "KDE5" running on Wayland; I'd rather have the developers working on the more important things that they set out to do with this version shift. If they can get KDE fully running on Wayland by early summer 2015, that would be great! (Gnome too).

Comment

I don't get where people got the idea that the first release of Plasma Next will have fully wayland support. Sure, they have been working on it, but the developers never claimed, or even implied, it would be ready right away.

Comment

2015 - 2008 = 7 years. Not even funny.

Comment

support but at least on par with KDE's Windows and OS X support.
            Ouch. That's sure setting the bar low.

Comment

That would give Nvidia another excuse not to release Wayland drivers any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                Honton.
                Please, don't tempt the trolls. It won't make banning them quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  2015 - 2008 = 7 years. Not even funny.
                  that's what we call vaporware

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
                    that's what we call vaporware
                    Only if one has no idea what vaporware means https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware Wayland is fully defined and Weston has multiple releases with desktop environments getting closer to full functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X