Thread: Xen 4.4 Release Brings Major Features

Default Xen 4.4 Release Brings Major Features

Phoronix: Xen 4.4 Release Brings Major Features

Xen 4.4 has made it out into the world today after being under development for the better part of the year and seeing more than one thousand changes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYyNTg

I really wish I knew how to use xen better - everything about it is appealing to me, except its user unfriendliness.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I really wish I knew how to use xen better - everything about it is appealing to me, except its user unfriendliness.
    I wish Xen had a front end like virtualbox. I would totally use it for the pass-thru support.

Default Try OpenSuse

Quote Originally Posted by dh04000 View Post
    I wish Xen had a front end like virtualbox. I would totally use it for the pass-thru support.
    You can try it with OpenSuse pretty Easily. The current version of OpenSuse has integrated support for Xen. You can add the virtualization stuff from Yast and then boot the hypervisor and Dom0 from the boot loader menu. Once you booted the Xen hypervisor you can use Yast in Dom0 to create and manage guests. Quite a bit different from VirtualBox, but better for running a bunch of Guests. Not as easy as VirtualBox if you just need a Windows guest on your Linux machine.
    Last edited by GreenEgg; 03-10-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling fail

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Use XenServer and the Citrix management tools? XenServer is the commercial support version of Xen.