Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots Of Linux Hardware Reviews Coming Up, San Diego Meet-Up

Phoronix: Lots Of Linux Hardware Reviews Coming Up, San Diego Meet-Up

This month will be a great month for Phoronix-reading Linux enthusiasts for a variety of reasons...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

@Michael
    No problem with new ads. Even on mobile "Close" works well.

But I found that text is a bit small there, and also in diagrams. (On my Nexus 5/Chrome/Firefox, article text scale well, other not so. Still readable and workable but small)

Comment

Re: obtrusive ads
      When I load up Phoronix on Android (Galaxy S4), an ad covers the majority of the screen, and it took me a while to figure out how to get rid of it. I've found the best way is to tap the grey area at the bottom of the ad. It took me a while because, logically, I thought touching anything other than 'close' (which doesn't exist on that ad) would take me to the website for the ad. And I avoid clicking ads on the web because a lot of them look malicious.

Also, what's with the picture of the women? Looks slightly gratuitous to me because I can't see context for the picture in the article. You can try all you want, but you ain't gonna sex up Linux.

Comment

That's a nice laptop there Michael

Comment

Working...
        X