Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fast Color Clears Come To AMD's RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver

Even with llvm 3.4 it should still advertise OpenGL 3.1, if you're stuck at 2.1 it's most likely because of missing floating point textures. Are you passing --enable-texture-float to configure when building mesa?

Weird... I tried to install LLVM 3.5, but it is not taken into account by mesa. I suppose it has to be configured at build time. By the way, I do not compile the packages myself, so if texture float is not enable in Debian packages it will be a problem... I'be just bought Europa Universalis, and I hoped to play under Linux. But for now, the display is so laggy I can't event try.

Here is the output of glxinfo | grep OpenGL :
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 128 bits)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.0-rc2
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:

Quote Originally Posted by jery View Post
    Weird... I tried to install LLVM 3.5, but it is not taken into account by mesa. I suppose it has to be configured at build time. By the way, I do not compile the packages myself, so if texture float is not enable in Debian packages it will be a problem... I'be just bought Europa Universalis, and I hoped to play under Linux. But for now, the display is so laggy I can't event try.

Here is the output of glxinfo | grep OpenGL :
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 128 bits)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.0-rc2
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:
    That's definitely very wrong. You are getting software rendering, because the radeon driver isn't even loading.

That's true ! I did not even notice it was written renderer = llvmpipe... I need to check my logs to find why

BTW, you should rebuild Mesa after installing LLVM. Otherwise, bad things may happen.

The non-init of the driver was coming from the non presence of glamor in current Debian Jessie...

I added Kanotix repository and now everything works ! well, at least opengl 3.1.

Thx a lot