Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland Prime Gets Revised A Third Time

Phoronix: Wayland Prime Gets Revised A Third Time

DRI PRIME support for Wayland is currently undergoing a third round of developer review for bringing GPU offloading support outside of the X.Org Server world...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone know: will it work to have a Wayland compositor, for example KWin/5 running on an Intel chip and something like a game in XWayland with the propietary driver on my Optimus GT630M? I'm not sure if I've explained it good enough but I think you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by J?rnS View Post
      Does anyone know: will it work to have a Wayland compositor, for example KWin/5 running on an Intel chip and something like a game in XWayland with the propietary driver on my Optimus GT630M? I'm not sure if I've explained it good enough but I think you get the point.
      From the mailing list message, it appears that you should be able to specify driconf settings which allow offloading arbitrary applications to any GPU device:

For example, run the weston compositor on one device:
      <driconf>
      <device screen="0" driver="init">
      <application name="Weston" executable="weston">
      <option name="wanted_device_id_path_tag" value="pci-0000_01_00_0" />
      <option name="blit_if_different_device" value="false" />
      </application>
      </device>
      </driconf>

Comment

Working...
      X