No announcement yet.

id Software Starts Work On Doom 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be nice, but on the other hand, pretty disappointing.

unless they add something else than just new visuals and audio to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      it would be nice, but on the other hand, pretty disappointing.

unless they add something else than just new visuals and audio to the game.
      Forgot to mention in addition to new visuals and audio, much less monsters. Doom was massive horde after horde of mindless killing of sprite monsters of which there could hundreds in one single section of a level (me thinks of the "imp respawner" level as, I got to call it). I understand that polygonal monsters are whole different beast to deal with, but that's why there's vertex shaders (wasn't that their purpose?). I really hope they'll recapture the spirit of the old Doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
        Forgot to mention in addition to new visuals and audio, much less monsters. Doom was massive horde after horde of mindless killing of sprite monsters of which there could hundreds in one single section of a level (me thinks of the "imp respawner" level as, I got to call it). I understand that polygonal monsters are whole different beast to deal with, but that's why there's vertex shaders (wasn't that their purpose?). I really hope they'll recapture the spirit of the old Doom.
        Heh... I know I'd buy it the day it shipped if there was a Linux version if they combined the dark, never know when in the HELL it's coming or from where, with the unrelenting hordes of the prior versions in the franchise.

It'd rock if they did that.

Comment

Indeed

That was about my only complaint about Doom3 (that and that the game ran too slow on the minimum and recommended system specs)

Comment

I love id games, been playing them since the old doom days, all prefer their oldskool fragging style over the tactical shooter stuff. I would like it if they went for that approach instead of trying to copy zombie games like they did with doom 3. Of course they won't listen to me.

Comment

Working...
            X