Valve's Gabe Newell Makes New Linux Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Fixed that for you. Your choice, but it makes me sad.

So you consider that the software some guy has installed on his computer is his entire life ?
    Makes me sad. Go grow some tomatoes in your garden mate.

Comment

Originally posted by felipe
      Well to me LOL sound like a little retarded. No offense for retarded people for compare against internet losers.
      Nothing to do with lol. In english (and french. don't know for other languages), the sound of laughter is written "haha". The "jaja" spelling is only used in Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
        Right but this isn't how it should work. You shouldn't need to kill PA. My issue is, I use the PA remote audio sometimes to redirect movie / game sounds to my HTPC receiver. In that case it won't pass through multichannel even from dvd. So it only works if the receiving end uses analog.
        We are working on a Pulseaudio feature which will let you passthrough when PA is running and other streams are connected; it will simply mute them for the duration of the passthrough. Expect it in an upcoming SteamOS update.

Comment

Originally posted by Plagman View Post
          We are working on a Pulseaudio feature which will let you passthrough when PA is running and other streams are connected; it will simply mute them for the duration of the passthrough. Expect it in an upcoming SteamOS update.
          Ok sounds great. Does this also work with other distros in the future? Say I have RPi or some other HTPC as receiver. Does PA transmit multichannel audio to the other end so that it can pass it through HDMI or SPDIF? My understanding is that PA on the client side turns passthrough into 5.1 and then sends as 5.1 LPCM and at the other end doesn't know how to combine these.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
            So you consider that the software some guy has installed on his computer is his entire life ?
            Makes me sad. Go grow some tomatoes in your garden mate.
            If they control his online communication, it's not far off.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
              On the "exclusive titles" topic.

I think is ok no exclusive titles at the moment.... BUT

TIME EXCLUSIVES could help the Steam Machines a lot.

Kinda how DOTA2 was exclusive to windows while on beta, linux/steamOS could have time or beta exclusives as an extra reward for early adopting these new devices.
              You don't think Exclusives are just plain stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by felipe View Post
                22 billons ? muajajaja source pls
                You weren't just trolling? You are serious...?

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
                  Two most exciting companies, Value + NVidia.
                  Heh, two words that never go together.

Comment

Originally posted by felipe View Post
                    The future of gamming is android on smartphones, right now is PS3 and XBOX360, PC gamming is near to dead
                    The future of PC gaming is Android netbooks. Do you PC gamers really want the Windows OS or just an open platform with mouse/keyboard and custom hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by DanLamb View Post
                      The future of PC gaming is Android netbooks. Do you PC gamers really want the Windows OS or just an open platform with mouse/keyboard and custom hardware?
                      For sure, gaming on netbooks, my videocard wouldn't even fit in there, not to mention how that 500W PSU would look like. Not that anyone would even want to play on a 10" display. Nobody cares about Windows, I want to play my games on powerful hardware (so no mobile, no consoles) on my everyday OS, for which I prefer Linux (so no Windows).

Comment

Working...
                      X