Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chromium Ported To Mir Display Server, Based On Wayland Code

Quote Originally Posted by nll_a View Post
    Oh crap, now they're gonna use that as a new argument to drop Firefox and adopt Chromium as default. I hope someone's working on porting Firefox too.

You're in the Phoronix Forums, remember? If Canonical writes something different we are supposed to say "Again this devilish company and its CLAed, NIH syndrome fragmenting Linux and refusing to work with the community", if Canonical adopts a community project or uses someone else's code instead of reinventing the wheel it's "All these lazy fucks do is steal other people's hard work".
    Yeah right, like the FSF doesn't require any CLA/CAA on any of its projects.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html

Quote Originally Posted by brosis View Post
    I have quite serious suspicion, that this is happening because Pavel Popov has joined ranks of what he has tried to clone.

Next headline will be - Ubuntu renames itself into Bolgenbuntu and Canonical becomes Poposoft.

Viva BolgenOS!
    Паша, это ты? Хватит всякую хуйню нести.

The user brosis is Pavel Popov.

I hope in the quick porting to wayland graphic server of all linux operating systems.
    Last edited by Azrael5; 03-04-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinN View Post
    .. begs the question - which parts of Mir are original?
    DRM? (as in restrictions manglement) possibly. I found a possibly outdated spec page on Ubuntu's site http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-s/gr...pic-s-mir.html and it mentions 'DRM (rights managment)' as a todo ~75%. Now keep in mind it could be an outdated page, it hasn't been touched since May 2013...
    Today marks 1 year since they announced the thing BTW.
    Last edited by nerdopolis; 03-04-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Corrected the link

I know this is blasphemy on this site - but I can't wait to see Mir in its full glory.

That video demonstration looked so smooth.

This anticipation feels like the late 90's again - when I would wait for Linux Forum magazine to ship from the UK with its CD packed with new software to try for the first time.

so flash is working ?

and also when is firefox ported ?

Quote Originally Posted by benalib View Post
    good work it looks smoother than ozone-wayland presentation
    The wayland video showed it not being fullscreened, and opening multiple windows. This was just exercising scrolling and the browser's webgl implementation. I'd have love to have seen how the windowing worked (considering that is one of the two areas that this is addressing).

Quote Originally Posted by nll_a View Post
    You're in the Phoronix Forums, remember? If Canonical writes something different we are supposed to say "Again this devilish company and its CLAed, NIH syndrome fragmenting Linux and refusing to work with the community", if Canonical adopts a community project or uses someone else's code instead of reinventing the wheel it's "All these lazy fucks do is steal other people's hard work".
    Nah, that's so old, man! Now it's Red Hat! Hating Red Hat is what it is all about, man! Them dictators forcing stuff upon us, ruing our freedom of choice! Screw them! /s

Quote Originally Posted by benalib View Post
    good work
    it looks smoother than ozone-wayland presentation
    This presentation is filmed with an external camera, the wayland/weston one is using the screen recorder implemented in weston if i'm not mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJB2pznc6iY

See Thiago Vignattis comment " UI smoothness is really tricky when video casting cause the CPU is already exhausted due the video capture. So I agree that things are not smooth on this video but it is when in normal usage "

Quote Originally Posted by ihatemichael View Post
    Yeah right, like the FSF doesn't require any CLA/CAA on any of its projects.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html
    Hey, I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by xeekei View Post
    Nah, that's so old, man! Now it's Red Hat! Hating Red Hat is what it is all about, man! Them dictators forcing stuff upon us, ruing our freedom of choice! Screw them! /s
    OMGOMG I was not aware of that yet!!!