Chromium Ported To Mir Display Server, Based On Wayland Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    on the linked ubuntu site it means not what you link to but the restriction management:

"DRM (digitial rights)" all incl. the stuff in the brackets is listed on the ubuntu site.
    Well there is also Hardware cursor support (GBM/DRM) on that site linked by nerdopolis.

Comment

Well at least they showcase it better and film the screen using an external camera and not a screen recorder - or worse: run the thing atop X11.

Touch maybe isn't the right technology, because you can still see this horrible delay between the real world and the screen. Also the scrolling doesn't look smooth to me. Can't see if if it's a performance issue or the scroll steps being to coarse.

In either case this demo is almost as crappy as every other previous one (no matter if wayland or Mir).
      What is the point in showing a window manager that isn't doing anything.
      Show window resizing. Everything else is zero challenge.
      Last edited by thechef; 05 March 2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thechef View Post
        Well at least they showcase it better and film the screen using an external camera and not a screen recorder - or worse: run the thing atop X11.

Touch maybe isn't the right technology, because you can still see this horrible delay between the real world and the screen. Also the scrolling doesn't look smooth to me. Can't see if if it's a performance issue or the scroll steps being to coarse.

In either case this demo is almost as crappy as every other previous one (no matter if wayland or Mir).
        What is the point in showing a window manager that isn't doing anything.
        Show window resizing. Everything else is zero challenge.

I have an old video from 2012 that shows Wayland window resizing
        UPDATE: They already have Wayland supporting input redirection! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdKwSrwxIYAThis video shows the Wayland display server running...

Comment

Working...
        X