New Nvidia driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nvidia driver?

It's been a while since nvidia last updated their (stable) driver, February 26 to be excact, are there any statistics as to how often they use to update?

/Sinner

Next week will probably be a new NVIDIA release. Since February though they have had two beta releases.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I got word that there will be a new non beta release before the end of the month.

Comment

I hope it fixes the woeful 2D performance, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Ritger - Manager, NVIDIA Linux Graphics Driver
          We are aware that many Linux users are having performance problems with 2D rendering on the GeForce 8 and 9 series. A good user experience is very important to us, and we have several X performance improvements in development that will help KDE 4, Compiz, and GTK+ performance on these GPUs. Some of these improvements will be available in the short term, while others are longer-term architectural improvements.

Comment

I wonder what nvidia means by long term and short term? Short term months and long term years?

Comment

Originally posted by _txf_ View Post
              I wonder what nvidia means by long term and short term? Short term months and long term years?
              And what fixes are in the short term for us to get excited about...

"Long term" is something to look forward to while "short term" is something to get excited about

Comment

I wonder if they're going to make any headway in the "long term" with video acceleration. It's either that or 2D that makes watching a video and dragging a window horrible. Video jumps back and forth a couple of frames and the window drag lags

Comment

*cough* x264 'n' crew *cough*

Comment

Well...Michael's estimate of a new driver within the next week has gone down the plug hole. Now it's your turn deanjo!

Comment

Working...
                    X