I'm having an issue of getting no sound from my sound card when using the open-source drivers. I can't use the AMD drivers since my card isn't support 4850x2. I know when I had my 5870 installed with the AMD drivers, my sound card worked fine. Anyone have any ideas on a solution?
sound card: Asus Xonar D2X
video card: Sapphire 4850x2
Any chance the upper levels of your audio stack are trying to use the audio controller in the 4850 rather than the one in your audio card ?
Wouldn't adding the hdmi audio to the blacklist solve this issue? FYI, it also does it with an nvidia card installed. No sound there either.
Originally Posted by bridgman
No longer need help with this. Problem entered the very weird and makes no sense category... lol. So I ended up just sticking the 5870 back in with the latest catalyst drivers.
To recap with 4850x2 installed:
- no sound coming out of tv where hdmi and audio out was going to
- no sound when plugged into receiver
- sound when plugged straight into a set of speakers
- sound when plugged into spdif out to A40 mixamp to speakers
- no sound when plugged into spdif out to A40 mixamp to receiver
- no sound when plugged into spdif out to A40 mixamp to tv