Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany 3.12 Nears Completion With More Optimizations

Phoronix: Epiphany 3.12 Nears Completion With More Optimizations

GNOME's Epiphany web-browser already received some major improvements during the 3.12 development cycle but the work isn't quite over yet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

dunno why they dont just Ditch Epiphany project as it'll always be a shitbox of a browser

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      dunno why they dont just Ditch Epiphany project as it'll always be a shitbox of a browser
      Some people actually like it, also competition is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        competition? there are no competition, firefox, google chrome vs epiphany, qupzilla, etc is like real madrid vs schalke 04.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
          competition? there are no competition, firefox, google chrome vs epiphany, qupzilla, etc is like real madrid vs schalke 04.
          Meh. You could use the same analogy for the Linux vs Windows case...

Anyway having really simple, lightweight, nicely integrated web browser within your DE is always a +... (Also it should run on Wayland)

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
            Chromium is pretty lightweight an still it can run on wayland or close to it. an yet has more features or should i say its atleast usable unlike Epiphany. Epiphany IMO is a badly coded browser . Redhat have there heads up there Ass if they think Epiphany will or can compete with any other browser

i dunno if epiphany can use GTK3 Dark Background but if not, i believe Firefox is on the way achieving that goal. AFAICT . whoever designed Epipany doesnt have much coding skills.
            Last edited by Anvil; 04 March 2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Chromium is pretty lightweight an still it can run on wayland or close to it. an yet has more features or should i say its atleast usable unlike Epiphany. Epiphany IMO is a badly coded browser . Redhat have there heads up there Ass if they think Epiphany will or can compete with any other browser
              If you cut down on your abusive language and be more informed, you would know that Epiphany development has nothing to do with Red Hat at all and both Fedora and RHEL ships with Firefox by default.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                If you cut down on your abusive language and be more informed, you would know that Epiphany development has nothing to do with Red Hat at all and both Fedora and RHEL ships with Firefox by default.
                Being polite doesn't help with the fact that Epiphany sucks. It's probably nice if you like this "less is more" approach and want a browser that can't do anything right. Otherwise it's not really competing at all. It's like M$ products. If they ship it with the desktops, people will use it no matter how crap it is. Being lightweight in Epiphany way also doesn't help at all. It's only light in terms of feature set size. It uses the same heavy engine, but has worse JS performance than leading browsers. So, for power users it's not light, it's heavier at displaying HTML5 content. For users of old PCs, it's much worse than Dillo or Elinks or Netsurf. If you want a lightweight Webkit browser, there's Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                  Most if not all Gnome Devs are paid if not have a @redhat.com email address as there main email addy. . Epiphany LACKS a lot of Features a lot of people have become accustom to using in Firefox for example. i look an use every release of Epiphany an then i remove it from the system, webkit is alright but it has its limitations compared to Gecko .

i

Comment

Most if not all Gnome Devs are paid if not have a @redhat.com email address as there main email addy.
                    Really? I don't see a reference to back up your claim

You claimed "Redhat have there heads up there Ass if they think Epiphany will or can compete with any other browser". Epiphany has nothing to do with Red Hat. In other words, your claim makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                    X