Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Epiphany 3.12 Nears Completion With More Optimizations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,651

    Default Epiphany 3.12 Nears Completion With More Optimizations

    Phoronix: Epiphany 3.12 Nears Completion With More Optimizations

    GNOME's Epiphany web-browser already received some major improvements during the 3.12 development cycle but the work isn't quite over yet...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYxOTk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    dunno why they dont just Ditch Epiphany project as it'll always be a shitbox of a browser

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    dunno why they dont just Ditch Epiphany project as it'll always be a shitbox of a browser
    Some people actually like it, also competition is good.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calinou View Post
    Some people actually like it, also competition is good.
    competition? there are no competition, firefox, google chrome vs epiphany, qupzilla, etc is like real madrid vs schalke 04.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandev92 View Post
    competition? there are no competition, firefox, google chrome vs epiphany, qupzilla, etc is like real madrid vs schalke 04.
    Meh. You could use the same analogy for the Linux vs Windows case...

    Anyway having really simple, lightweight, nicely integrated web browser within your DE is always a +... (Also it should run on Wayland)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calinou View Post
    Some people actually like it, also competition is good.
    Chromium is pretty lightweight an still it can run on wayland or close to it. an yet has more features or should i say its atleast usable unlike Epiphany. Epiphany IMO is a badly coded browser . Redhat have there heads up there Ass if they think Epiphany will or can compete with any other browser


    i dunno if epiphany can use GTK3 Dark Background but if not, i believe Firefox is on the way achieving that goal. AFAICT . whoever designed Epipany doesnt have much coding skills.
    Last edited by Anvil; 03-04-2014 at 08:26 PM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    Chromium is pretty lightweight an still it can run on wayland or close to it. an yet has more features or should i say its atleast usable unlike Epiphany. Epiphany IMO is a badly coded browser . Redhat have there heads up there Ass if they think Epiphany will or can compete with any other browser
    If you cut down on your abusive language and be more informed, you would know that Epiphany development has nothing to do with Red Hat at all and both Fedora and RHEL ships with Firefox by default.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    If you cut down on your abusive language and be more informed, you would know that Epiphany development has nothing to do with Red Hat at all and both Fedora and RHEL ships with Firefox by default.
    Being polite doesn't help with the fact that Epiphany sucks. It's probably nice if you like this "less is more" approach and want a browser that can't do anything right. Otherwise it's not really competing at all. It's like M$ products. If they ship it with the desktops, people will use it no matter how crap it is. Being lightweight in Epiphany way also doesn't help at all. It's only light in terms of feature set size. It uses the same heavy engine, but has worse JS performance than leading browsers. So, for power users it's not light, it's heavier at displaying HTML5 content. For users of old PCs, it's much worse than Dillo or Elinks or Netsurf. If you want a lightweight Webkit browser, there's Surf.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    If you cut down on your abusive language and be more informed, you would know that Epiphany development has nothing to do with Red Hat at all and both Fedora and RHEL ships with Firefox by default.
    Most if not all Gnome Devs are paid if not have a @redhat.com email address as there main email addy. . Epiphany LACKS a lot of Features a lot of people have become accustom to using in Firefox for example. i look an use every release of Epiphany an then i remove it from the system, webkit is alright but it has its limitations compared to Gecko .

    i

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    Most if not all Gnome Devs are paid if not have a @redhat.com email address as there main email addy.
    Really? I don't see a reference to back up your claim

    You claimed "Redhat have there heads up there Ass if they think Epiphany will or can compete with any other browser". Epiphany has nothing to do with Red Hat. In other words, your claim makes no sense whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •